Sunday, March 18, 2012

Experiences

Like what my previous mentioned, this week is crazily hectic! Finally everything is done and I really feel the easement from my spiritual throughout my physical in my body. What carved my memory the most were the presentation on Fri and the band presentation on Sat.

The presentation was prepared in less than one week. My group member, Maira, Ebbie, Nicole, Jia Jia and I only start allocating works and searching information on Mon due to the reason that we have assignments due on Tues and Fri. Started to fret about when we knew the topic that we picked - Children's Right was related to so much issue and when key in the words Children's Right in the Google, BOOOM...... everything blow up on the screen. We didnt know what should we include in to talk about it initially and how to structure the slides either. Fortunately Ebbie was in my group who was like a gleaming lighthouse. She directed us almost everything on structuring the presentation slides. In the meanwhile, what makes us even tension when we knew all that Ebbie and Nicole, who were the most significant one in the group since they are one who should speaking the slides, HAD NOT YET FINISH their assignments even on Wed. Including the COMPULSORY BONDING DAY on Thurs evening, we barely have time to finish our slides even if they could set aside their assignments. We only started to prepare our slides on Wed, I could see they were really stressed out so I VOLUNTEERED myself to be one of the speaker so that some of their burden could be alleviated. Therefore I passed my Wed and Thurs in a deep tension since I rarely do presentation, only once in A lvl Malaysian Studies. I slept only 3 to 4 hrs as I have to read thro all the materials, to decide which should I include in the slides, and I admit that I never use Powerpoint be4 so I was so alien to it that take a lot of time to find out how to customize my slides. On the last day of Thurs night, I came back from exhausting Bonding day on 9.30pm, yet I still have to prepare my scripts and have to practice it times and times so that it sound smoothly. The night was really stressed outta me cos I have so many issues to talk about yet I only have 5 mins since have to spare the remaining 10 mins to the other 2 speakers. On Fri, We are the LUCKY No.1 to present first. When it was my turn to present after Ebbie, I could feel my heart beating aggressively and my hands were freezing cold. Due to the nervous, I was stumbled over for 1 or 2 times. It makes me even more flustered when Jia Jia gestured me with the signal that 5 mins had over and I still have 1 issue to talk about. Finally I finished my part, in almost 7 mins >.< But whatever, Nicole was endowed in speaking hence she covered all my flaws when she spoke the last part of the slides =D We ended with quite a good score since both Nicole and Ebbie answered the lecturer's questions very well. XDXD
Celebrated in BR after the presentation. Our works were paid off!! Ah I forget to camwhole with my 
 groupmates be4 i went back home >.< 

After morning season with the presentation, so relief and exhausting since i did not rest much on those 2 days, I slept soundly in the car all the way from KL to Tampin on the highway. And then i spent my night with the band practice again.  

We always enjoy ourselves in the soul-solacing rhythm. Having involve in a musical band is awesome. The tuneful melody can built up our relationship profoundly without having to speak out any words. I always appreciate and treasure it when we have chance to be together and perform. 

 Then we went to Pulau Sebang Secondary to rehearsal as early as 12.30pm after we carried all the musical instruments and settle down. It was a very hot and stuffy afternoon. Uncomfortable. Quite freaked out when we knew we had to rehearsal without any PA system as it had not arrive yet till as late as 5pm. So we went back to prepare ourselves and turned up again at 7 since our performance was at 9. FUH I started to feel nervous by then. So worried I will 'break voice' or out of tune or forget lyrics or cant catch up the music when I sing. And guess what? one of them happened still. >.<

 My outlook for performance and oh no for the eye bags.

After the other performances such as Korean pop song dance and ballet dance, it was our turn. The first song was 依然爱你 performed using purely harmonica, accostic guitar and soft drums by Wai Wai and Hui Ying. Then followed by 势在必行 and what's up which sang by me and Wai Wai. aherm.... for honestly, number of flaws occured in the 2nd song. Firstly, the tempo was sooo fast!! I realized it even before I sing. I gestured them to slow down but sadly none of the member noticed me! =( Then it was too speedy that made me even more nervous and subsequently caused me to unable to catch up into the chorus!! LOL Such a big flaw and I ended the song regretfully >.< Fortunately, the last song was pretty good performed. However, the overall performance was only about 10 mins . When the audience just started to get high and started to make up a line of human train..... The song ended =.= Potong Steam. They shouted Encore but in vain. As we ignored them and switched off the button immediately. LOL

After the performance, we discussed among ourselves who was the one play the tempo so fast. Then everyone pointed finger to the Pianist, Shu Hui =.= She said she did'nt realized the tempo was fast and so she played even faster. We felt like performing for the 2nd round but it would look odd if we perform again with the same song so we rescind the decision. However, it was a great encouragement  and motivation when our friends and some audience complimented us for our performance. 

 Nothing is perfect. Like Wai Wai said, since we end this performance with some regrets, that's why we still have to perform next time to brush up ourselves!

Satay at the end of the day to reward ourselves! Cheers!! XD


No comments: