Sunday, May 8, 2011

LUCKY



Today, 08th May, is the saddest day of my life. My Lucky, our 12 years old family dog, decided to go to sleep, forever.

His later years, had not been kind. He had lost some of his sight and hearing, much of his appetite and most of her control over her bodily functions — invariably, he will have a seizure and pee on me every few days. All the vitamin, glucosamine and chondroitin in the world couldn’t help him bend his hind legs, and it hurt just to watch him walk, stiffly dragging his nails on the ground and lost balance.

Over the last 4 days, he had been having abnormal amount of seizures, in which I had lost counts. From the vet, this is probably the sign of stroke and he had damaged his brain, there is nothing much else she can do. And this morning, his breathes had become lower in both magnitude and numbers. I knew it was time.

At 12, I took him for one last walk around Taman Indah, with him on my lap while I was driving, letting him feel the wind. Fed him an entire can of his favorite Pedigree canned food, though he couldn’t finish even quarter of it.

At last, at 1:15pm, Lucky went away. I knew he is reluctant, I was crying with him as his breathing slowed, and ceased.

His last day, I suppose, went as well as could be expected, even as it is one of the saddest experiences of my life. I don’t want to talk about his burial, but I must thanks Julian and Aliff for lending their hands.

To Lucky: Please reincarnate as a human on your next life!

Vincent Chew



After the accident before CNY, I always have a hunch that I might lose him soon. But when I thought about this, I will stop myself to continue thinking about this.


As I can't imagine how the life will be and how sad I will be when the day had arrived.

08th May 2011, it finally arrived.

As tomorrow is my final As Exam, I stay back in KL and I was studying in the study room for the last preparation when my sister called from the UK.

My brain was totally blank when I received such a real thunderbolt news. I didn't cry at that moment and surprisingly I was so chill at the moment. She asked me to log into fb to look at the notes that Vincent wrote but I did not look at it until this moment. Because I knew that, I will definitely mental breakdown and I couldn't continue my studies anymore.

I used up such a tremendous gut to read thro the notes and click on the picture with Lucky in my profile picture album. Expectedly, I burst into pool of tears when the picture of me and Lucky appeared right in front of my sight. I still remember this is the photo that I snapped with you, Lucky for celebrating the end of SPM exam with the last day wearing school uniform.

The scenes of me and you in the past is now like out of my control flashing thro my mind. My heart is bleeding when I know I have to accept the fact that I can never shake your hand anymore, can never throw pieces of Gardenia white bread for you to see you grab it precisely anymore, can never holding your both front legs to walk with you again, can never watching you eat dinner again, and will never again feel worry for you when you leave home for days and couldn't find you.

12 years, more than half of my whole life I knew you. You are 1 of my family members that watching me grew up from a 7 year-old innocent girl to 19 years old now.

In short, I will never and ever regret to have you Lucky!

No matter how many new dogs that I'm to own later, You'll always be the ranking no.1 in my life that make me proud of you always!

GOODBYE, LOVE, AND FAREWELL FOREVER, MY BELOVED LUCKY!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

may Lucky rest in peace :(